Thursday, April 25, 2019

Birthday Post (23)



Happy 23rd Birthday To Me!! 🎂

Whaaat! 23!? Where has the time gone!?

Honestly, this year has been a crazy rollercoaster ride & it feels like this ride started the day I was born. Every year I end up in hospital or get to a stage where my health get's pretty bad. Which did happen sadly right after my 22nd birthday...

April 30th 2018: I was back at Whipps Cross hospital this time with more than one diagnoses, but the first week I was fighting a sepsis infection (made a fully recovery) & the week second was just a nightmare
& I was so happy when they discharged 😂
The rest of the summer I spent still in agony & unfortuntely because I was in hospital at the times of examination period i missed my Policy exam & unless I was planning to end up in hospital again I chose to repeat my 2nd year again (boring)

October 2018: i really had a horrific first term at university, even though I was repeating my...The days just felt longer & I was still not recovering fully. In all honestly by December I had lost all hope & was ready to drop out because it got too much for me.

January 2019: Start of new year, new goals & dreams... In my case it was re-thinking previous decisions. This is when I realised I wasn't alone. My friends were my support & I have to give them a shoutout because they pulled me out of my dark depressed state. Luckily i didn't drop out! I continued with uni & I have to say my second term was as boring as my first...Well, apart from the two new modules I selected 😆

From February till March it was pretty much the same, I was getting better, recovering...But, by now 
I've learnt a major lesson. My health is unpredictable

At the end of March till now my health has been getting worse & worse, which yes has again impacted my studies. Missed my exam yet again & guess what? I'm back to chasing doctors (yay)Despite everything & yes I mean everything. I am blessed, I am happy & grateful for the life I have. I know it isn't easy, it never has been & I doubt it ever will be especially if I'm living with lifelong complex medical conditions

I have my family by side through everything & they are my rock

My friends are light in the dark, they're my voice of hope & each of them pull of out of my dark state of depression

People think I'm weird, that I should act according to my age & be mature (which I am)But I believe age is just a number I love myself & the way I amDon't judge me until you know me I am a dreamer & a believer I am a book nerd I love Harry Potter & J.K. Rowling's Wizarding world (it's part of my teen years & I'm relieving my childhood through the stories)i love cuddly toys (so what!?) I love Doctor who & The Sarah Jane Adventures I may act 'childish' but I really don't care. I'm not living my life to impress anyoneMy life at times feels chaotic. The things I like give me freedom & make me happy. I am happy & free being myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment