Saturday, April 25, 2020

It's my Birthday!! (24)




Happy 24th Birthday to Meeeeee 🎂🎂🎂🎉🎉🎉

You'd think as I get older I wouldn't be as excited but no. This day is always special to me, no matter how old I get 😊😊

Looking back this year has gone by so fast, it feels like only yesterday I was 23. Where has the time gone!?

It has been a wild ride since last year, I ended up in hospital on 30th April 2019 for 2 weeks, spent my summer working on my late summer assignments & finally sat my Policy & Politics in Education exam (I passed everything!!) 

In September 2019 I began my final year at university & it has been a brilliant last year 

One of the biggest challenges I faced over the year was dealing with my mental health issues & I'm so so grateful for the support I've received from my family, friends & from the university that I can confidently say that I'm doing a lot better than I was a year ago. It's a slow progress overcoming everything, but I will 😊

It has certainly been a wild ride & never did I ever imagine to be where I am today, 24 & finally graduating from university with an undergraduate degree, it's phenomenal!!

I'm taking this chance to say a massive massive thank you to my family, my friends & everyone from university who has supported me through everything, who made me smile during the bad times & mostly important who gave me hope for the future. Thank you all, you incredible people!!

Here's to the next chapter of my life!! ❷❹🎂🎂🎉🎉💜💜


The last four years has changed me as a person, I learnt more about myself as I went to university & now looking back those years I'm grateful for because I learnt to let go of the things I cannot control, learnt to enjoy my life, ask for help, never feel guilty about using the support I've been given & most important I learnt to look after my mental health. Speak out when I'm struggling & not hold back. I made new friends at my time at university & met people who have shaped my life. Looking back now, I went from a shy, self-conscious girl to a young confident woman who yes still has many insecurities but thanks to my amazing, wonderful & special friends well as the professors at university not to mention my family who have been with me on this journey & lifted me up when I lost hope. 
Today maybe another day, but it is special to me & no matter how old I may get my personality will never change. 
I am someone who is willing to help out whenever I can 
I am kind-hearted person, someone who never wants to hurt anyone 
A lot of times I may act childish or often people think I'm not mature (I am!!)
I am a book nerd (even I take forever to read a book) 
My love for Harry Potter will never end (enough with the complaints!)
I love the Doctor Who universe, it's fantastic & The Sarah Jane Adventures will always be favourite show. Now I'm also adding Torchwood to that list (it's phenomenal!)
Age for me is just a number
I'll never change for anyone because I'm enjoying my life as I'm living it & if someone doesn't like that, they can leave. 
Until you step into my shoes & go through everything that I have, don't judge me
I am imperfect, I have flaws, I make mistakes. But do you know what? All my qualities, my quirks make me stand out & I love it! I love myself, I'm enjoying life & I'm happy!! 💜💜

No comments:

Post a Comment